Week 1 of the NFL has officially come and gone. Now, we all look forward to the second week of the NFL season to begin on Thursday night. The first week of football brought us some expected but unfortunate injuries to quite a few players on both sides of the ball. We’re here to find out about the IDP players that look to be sitting out for Week 2. Let’s not waste any more time and check out the Week 2 Individual Defensive Player Injury Report!
Dallas Cowboys/ OLB/ Leighton Vander Esch – Injured Reserve
First up on the injury report – Leighton Vander Esch. This one had to sting for a lot of us IDP lovers! LVE left the game early Sunday night as a result of a collarbone injury. As he was headed to the sidelines, you could tell he was uncomfortable. Many people were expecting a nice bounce-back season from him. Now, it looks like we may have to wait a bit longer for him to get back into action. Because of his broken collarbone, he was placed on IR, which means he’s likely out 6 to 8 weeks! He is set for a possible week 7 return as long as everything goes well during the rehab process. We can all only hope for the best while we wait for him to get back to 100%. LVE is young and a great defensive player, so that means you shouldn’t quit on him just yet.
Start or Bench? – Bench
Green Bay Packers/ DL/ Kenny Clark – Questionable
The big man in the middle for the Packers recently received a nice payday. Unfortunately, he went down with a groin injury in week 1. Clark is a solid play in your DT or DL spot for your IDP squad. He’s a potential weekly starter unless the matchup is REALLY bad. Although I’m certainly not a medical expert, I believe the Packers were more so just being cautious with his injury. Keep an eye on Green Bay’s injury report, however, I do believe they will have him back for Week 2 against the Lions. As a result of the injury, however, Clark might see limited snaps. So, if you start him this week, keep that in mind.
Start or Bench? – Start
Cincinnati Bengals/ DB/ Shawn Williams – Questionable
Williams missed his first game since 2017 as the result of a calf injury. He is widely considered to be the odd man out in the Bengals safety trio with Vonn Bell becoming the new starting strong safety. Therefore, with the Bengals playing the Browns Thursday night, there’s a good chance he may miss another week of football – keep an eye on the injury report. I was already putting him on the bench and I recommend you do the same. If you can sell him, I’d do it. Maybe you can get lucky and find a gullible team that will take him off your hands. Consequently, due to injuries, I believe Williams will be the back up for Bell once he is healthy.
Start or Bench? – Bench
Notable IDP Players For Week 1 Injury Report
3. Baltimore Ravens -Justin Madubuike/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Iman Marshall/ DB/ Knee/ IR
4. Buffalo Bills – Vernon Butler/ DL/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Del’Shawn Phillips/ LB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Tremaine Edmunds/ LB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Matt Milano/ LB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Josh Norman/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Niles Scott/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
5. Carolina Panthers – Jason Ferris/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Stantley Thomas-Oliver/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Donte Jackson/ DB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Natrell Jamerson/ DB/ Illness/ Questionable – Eli Apple/ DB/ Ankle/ IR
8. Cleveland Browns – Greedy Williams/ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Olivier Vernon/ DL/ Abdomen/ Questionable – Kevin Johnson/ DB/ Abdomen/ Questionable – Mack Wilson/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Jacob Phillips/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Curtis Weaver/ DL/ Foot/ IR – Trevon Young/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – George Obinna/ DL/ Triceps/ IR – Grant Delpit/ DB/ Achilles/ IR
11. Detroit Lions – Justin Coleman/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – C.J. Moore/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Jeff Okudah/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Desmond Trufant/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Mike Ford/ DB/ Leg/ IR – Austin Bryant/ DL/ Undisclosed/ PUP – Jashon Cornell/ DL/ Achilles/ IR
12. Green Bay Packers – Montravius Adams/ DL/ Toe/ Questionable – Randy Ramsey/ LB/ Groin/ Questionable – Raven Greene/ DB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Treyvon Hester/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Kamal Martin/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Kabion Ento/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Curtis Bolton/ LB/ Knee/ PUP
17. Las Vegas Raiders – Nick Kwiatkoski/ LB/ Pectoral/ Questionable – Tanner Muse/ LB/ Toe/ IR
21. Minnesota Vikings – Danielle Hunter/ DL/ Neck/ IR – Myles Dorn/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Kenny Willekes/ DL/ Leg/ IR – Ben Gedeon/ LB/ Undisclosed/ PUP – Quentin Poling/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
23. New Orleans Saints – P.J. Williams/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Marcus Davenport/ DL/ Elbow/ Questionable – Anthony Lanier/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Kiko Alonso/ LB/ Knee/ PUP – Jalen Dalton/ DL/ Triceps/ IR – Johnson Bademosi/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR
25. New York Jets – Blake Cashman/ LB/ Groin/ IR – Avery Williamson/ LB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Kyron Brown/ DB/ Quadriceps/ PUP – Patrick Onwuasor/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Jabari Zuniga/ DL/ Quadriceps/ IR
26. Philadelphia Eagles – Craig James/ DB/ Thigh/ IR – Vinny Curry/ DL/ Hamstring/ IR – Javon Hargrave/ DL/ Pectoral/ Questionable – Brandon Graham/ DL/ Concussion/ Questionable – Derek Barnett/ DL/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Daeshon Hall/ DL/ Knee/ PUP – Will Parks/ DB/ Lower Body/ IR
27. Pittsburgh Steelers – NONE
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Justin Evans/ DB/ Foot/ PUP