Week 2 of the NFL season was possibly one of the worst for injuries that I can remember in a long time. That doesn’t even account for the players we lost in Week 1. This past week of football could’ve brought some of us to tears when some of our favorite football players went down. NFL injuries can be gruesome and unforgiving. Lately, it seems we’re seeing a lot of lower-body injuries. Let’s get to the individual defensive player injury report for Week 3!
San Francisco 49ers/ DE/ Nick Bosa – Injured Reserve
We’ll start with probably one of the biggest NFL injuries of the weekend. Of course, it was Nick Bosa who went down with a possible torn ACL in Week 2 against the New York Jets. Consequently, this will have a huge impact on leagues all across the fantasy IDP landscape. Bosa was expected to have a huge year. For those of us that own him, however, it will not be easy to replace that production. If you don’t have a lot of defensive line depth, you need to make sure you’re snagging the right guys off the waiver wire. Kerry Hyder is one guy you could look at. You could also make a trade for another top-ranked defensive line/defensive end IDP player. Either way, these NFL injuries are going to be relentless. Bosa going down is definitely going to test your fantasy IDP managerial skills.
I’m not even going to mess around with this one, it’s, unfortunately, time to put Bosa on the bench for the season. It looks like we won’t see him again until 2021.
Buffalo Bills/ LB/ Tremaine Edmunds – Questionable
Edmunds is a promising up and comer when it comes to the IDP world of linebackers. Unfortunately, in Week 1, Tremaine went down with a shoulder injury. He ended up missing Week 2 against the Dolphins. He was participating in practice on a limited basis last week. So hopes are he will hop into full-contact drills this week at practice. The Bills do not believe his injury is serious, which means that he should not miss an extended period of time. I believe he was kept out this week on a more of a cautionary basis. It’s probably best to give him some rest time to avoid re-aggravating the injury. Tyrel Dodson could be a nice waiver wire grab just in case of emergencies.
Start or Bench? – Start him, it’s likely Edmunds returns this week. Be prepared for him to be on limited snaps though!
Seattle Seahawks/ DB/ Marquise Blair – Likely to be placed on Injured Reserve
This may not have huge IDP implications. But, Blair was a breakout candidate of mine for 2020. The Seahawks coaching staff was really excited about getting him on the field. Some of you may have grabbed him in hopes of him producing this season. He had a decent game in Week 1 where he logged 7 total tackles and forced a fumble. On Sunday night, Blair tore his ACL resulting in him missing the rest of the game. Consequently, it looks like he’s going to get surgery on it as soon as possible. For those of us who were excited to see what Blair could bring to the field, we’re going to have to wait another year. In the meantime, Ugo Amadi and Lano Hill could rotate in at nickel safety for the Seahawks.
For dynasty holders of Blair, it’s time to stash him on the IR.
Notable NFL injuries for IDPs on the Week 3 NFL Injury Report
2. Atlanta Falcons – Kendall Sheffield/ DB/ Foot/ Questionable – Marlon Davidson/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Foye Oluokon/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Charles Harris/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – Takkarist McKinley/ DL/ Groin/ Questionable – Ricardo Allen/ DB/ Elbow/ Questionable
4. Buffalo Bills – Tremaine Edmunds/ LB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Matt Milano/ LB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Del’Shawn Phillips/ LB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Josh Norman/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Niles Scott/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR
5. Carolina Panthers – Yetur Gross-Matos/ DL/Concussion/ Questionable – Kawann Short/ DL/ Foot/ Questionable – Natrell Jamerson/ DB/ Illness/ Questionable – Jason Ferris/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Eli Apple/ DB/ Ankle/ IR
7. Cincinnati Bengals – Mike Daniels/ DL/ Groin/ Questionable – Shawn Williams/ DB/ Calf/ Questionable – Geno Atkins/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Trae Waynes/ DB/ Pectoral/ IR – Renell Wren/ DL/ Quadriceps/ IR
8. Cleveland Browns – Greedy Williams/ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Jacob Phillips/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Kevin Johnson/ DB/ Abdomen/ Questionable – Olivier Vernon/ DL/ Abdomen/ IR – Mack Wilson/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Adrian Clayborn/ DL/ Hip/ Questionable – Curtis Weaver/ DL/ Foot/ IR – George Obinna/ DL/ Triceps/ IR – Trevon Young/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Grant Delpit/ IR/ Achilles/ IR
9. Dallas Cowboys – DeMarcus Lawrence/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Chidobe Awuzie/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Anthony Brown/ DB/ Ribs/ IR – Sean Lee/ LB/ Sports Hernia/ IR – Leighton Vander Esch/ LB/ Collarbone/ IR – Azur Kamara/ LB/ Undisclosed/ IR
10. Denver Broncos – DeMarcus Walker/ DL/ Calf/ Out – Davontae Harris/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Dre’Mont Jones/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Mark Barron/ LB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Von Miller/ LB/ Ankle/ IR – A.J. Bouye/ DB/ Shoulder/ IR – Justin Strnad/ LB/ Wrist/ IR
11. Detroit Lions – Nick Williams/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Desmond Trufant/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Justin Coleman/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Mike Ford/ DB/ Leg/ IR – Austin Bryant/ DL/ Undisclosed/ PUP – Jashon Cornell/ DL/ Achilles/ IR
12. Green Bay Packers – Randy Ramsey/ LB/ Groin/ Questionable – Kenny Clark/ DL/ Groin/ Questionable – Treyvon Hester/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Kamal Martin/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Kabion Ento/ CB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Curtis Bolton/ LB/ Knee/ PUP
14. Indianapolis Colts – Malik Hooker/ DB/ Achilles/ IR – Rock Ya-Sin/ DB/ Illness/ Questionable – Matthew Adams/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Xavier Rhodes/ DB/ Leg/ Questionable – Kemoko Turay/ DL/ Ankle/ PUP – Sheldon Day/ DL/ Knee/ IR
16. Kansas City Chiefs – Alex Okafor/ DL/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Charvarius Ward/ DB/ Hand/ Questionable – Frank Clark/ DL/ Illness/ Questionable – Antonio Hamilton/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Khalen Saunders/ DL/ Elbow/ IR – Alex Brown/ DB/ Knee/ IR
20. Miami Dolphins – Elandon Roberts/ LB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Xavien Howard/ DB/ Knee/ Questionable – Shaq Lawson/ DL/ Hip/ Questionable – Clayton Fejedelem/ DB/ Pectoral/ Questionable – Byron Jones/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Nate Brooks/ DB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Vince Biegel/ LB/ Achilles/ IR
21. Minnesota Vikings – Anthony Barr/ LB/ Pectoral/ IR – Cameron Dantzler/ DB/ Ribs/ Questionable – Danielle Hunter/ DL/ Neck/ IR – Kenny Willekes/ DL/ Leg/ IR – Myles Dorn/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Ben Gedeon/ LB/ Undisclosed/ PUP – Quentin Poling/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
23. New Orleans Saints – Chase Hansen/ LB/ Hip/ Questionable – Marcus Davenport/ DL/ Elbow/ Questionable – Anthony Lanier/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Kiko Alonso/ LB/ Knee/ PUP – Jalen Dalton/ DL/ Triceps/ IR – Johnson Bademosi/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR
24. New York Giants – Carter Coughlin/ LB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Adrian Colbert/ DB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Xavier McKinney/ DB/ Foot/ IR – David Mayo/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Montre Hartage/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable
25. New York Jets – Arthur Maulet/ DB/ Groin/ IR – Quincy Wilson/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Blake Cashman/ LB/ Groin/ IR – Kyron Brown/ DB/ Quadriceps/ PUP – Patrick Onwuasor/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Jabari Zuniga/ DL/ Quadriceps/ IR
28. San Francisco 49ers – Dee Ford/ DL/ Back/ Doubtful – Solomon Thomas/ DL/ Knee/ Out – Jason Verrett/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Nick Bosa/ DL/ Knee/ Out – Richard Sherman/ DB/ Calf/ IR – Ronald Blair/ DL/ Knee/ PUP – Julian Taylor/ DL/ Knee/ PUP
29. Seattle Seahawks – Jarran Reed/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Jamal Adams/ DB/ Finger/ Questionable – Tre Flowers/ DB/ Finger/ Questionable – Rasheem Green/ DL/ Neck/ Questionable – Marquise Blair/ DB/ Knee/ Out – Bruce Irvin/ LB/ Knee/ Out – Branden Jackson/ DL/ Spine/ IR – Emmanuel Ellerbee/ LB/ Undisclosed/ IR
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Justin Evans/ DB/ Foot/ PUP
31. Tennessee Titans – Derick Roberson/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Vic Beasley/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Johnathan Joseph/ DB/ Leg/ Questionable – Adoree’ Jackson/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Dane Cruikshank/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR