Week 5 of the NFL season is upon us! Some players may be coming off IR this week, while others may be resting a bit longer. Another big injury may be causing some panic amongst fantasy IDP managers. Each week brings us something new to deal with as we try to prepare our teams. We just need to give our teams the best shot at winning. Let’s rock and roll, here’s the week 5 individual defensive player injury report!
Indianapolis Colts/ LB/ Darius Leonard – Questionable
Here’s another big hitter on the injury report. The word is that Leonard injured his groin early on in the game against Chicago. He never returned to the game. Leonard is another one of those IDP sweethearts that you can rely on weekly to perform well for your team. Groin injuries are not player-friendly. There is hope that Leonard can play for week 5 against Cleveland. Which turns out to be a pretty important game for both teams to win. Two guys you should look to grab off the wire just in case Leonard doesn’t play are Anthony Walker and Bobby Okereke. If I had to choose one, it’d be Anthony Walker. I think he has the best upside.
There’s a chance we will Leonard miss at least week 5. Go ahead and prepare yourselves to be missing him this week. Better to be ready for the worst possible outcome than not be. You’ll want to monitor Indy’s injury report.
Jacksonville Jaguars/ LB/ Myles Jack – Questionable
Myles Jack has exceeded a lot of IDP analyst’s expectations already this year. He looks tremendous on the field. He’s been getting plenty of snaps and making plays all over the field. Unfortunately, Jack seems to have sustained an ankle injury. Without knowing the degree of this injury, it may be a good idea to prepare for the worst. I think there’s a chance Jack misses this week. This should certainly help Joe Schobert mangers this week. As he will need to be all over the field for Jacksonville with Jack gone. Also, a standout from the show “Last Chance U”, Dakota Allen will likely take over some if not all of Jack’s role. He’s a guy that may be worth grabbing if Jack sees an extended absence. Keep an eye on Jacksonville’s injury report this week.
With it being an ankle injury, I believe we will see Jack miss this week while he recovers. Prepare your lineups for him to be out!
Kansas City Chiefs/ DL/ Chris Jones – Questionable
This one may have hurt some of us just a couple of days ago – Chris Jones, consequently, suffered a groin injury. Seems to be a popular theme this year in the NFL. Lower body injuries are becoming very common. So, this injury already kept him out one week. Will he be out for another? I think it’s likely we see Jones return to the gridiron this week against Las Vegas. I believe him missing the game against New England was just a precautionary move by Kansas City. This early divisional matchup is an important game, and as a result, KC needs Chris Jones 100% healthy for the game. Tershawn Wharton is behind Jones on the depth chart and did see some snaps in his place.
Go ahead and plug Chris Jones back into your lineups. I think he has a good shot to be back on the field this weekend. Just keep an eye on KC’s injury report.
A look at each team and the Week 4 defensive player injury report
1. Arizona Cardinals – Devon Kennard/ LB/ Calf/ Questionable – Chris Banjo/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Budda Baker/ DB/ Thumb/ Questionable – Jalen Thompson/ DB/ Ankle/ IR – Robert Alford/ DB/ Pectoral/ IR
2. Atlanta Falcons – Keanu Neal/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – AJ Terrell/ DB/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Jaylinn Hawkins/ DB/ Head/ Questionable – Ricardo Allen/ DB/ Elbow/ Questionable – Takkarist McKinley/ DL/ Groin/ Questionable – Damontae Kazee/ DB/ Achilles/ Out – Darqueze Dennard/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR
5. Carolina Panthers – Eli Apple/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Jason Ferris/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
6. Chicago Bears – Khalil Mack/ DL, LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Sherrick McManis/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Deon Bush/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – John Jenkins/ DL/ Thumb/ IR – Michael Joseph/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Artie Burns/ DB/ Knee/ IR
7. Cincinnati Bengals – Mackensie Alexander/ DB/ Ribs/ Questionable – Logan Wilson/ LB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Geno Atkins/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Mike Daniels/ DL/ Elbow/ IR – Trae Waynes/ DB/ Pectoral/ IR – Renell Wren/ DL/ Quadriceps/ IR
8. Cleveland Browns – Larry Ogunjobi/ DL/ Oblique/ Questionable – Greedy Williams/ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Tae Davis/ LB/ Elbow/ Questionable – Adrian Clayborn/ DL/ Hip/ Questionable – Curtis Weaver/ DL/ Foot/ IR – Trevon Young/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – George Obinna/ DL/ Triceps/ IR – Grant Delpit/ DB/ Achilles/ IR
10. Denver Broncos – Davontae Harris/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Jeremiah Attaochu/ LB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Austin Calitro/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Jurrell Casey/ DL/ Biceps/ IR – DeMarcus Walker/ DL/ Calf/ IR – Mark Barron/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Dre’Mont Jones/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Von Miller/ LB/ Ankle/ IR – AJ Bouye/ DB/ Shoulder/ IR – Justin Strnad/ LB/ Wrist/ IR
12. Green Bay Packers – Kamal Martin/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Kabion Ento/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Rashan Gary/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Kenny Clark/ DL/ Groin/ Questionable – Chandon Sullivan/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Kevin King/ DB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Curtis Bolton/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Krys Barnes/ LB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Christian Kirksey/ LB/ Pectoral/ IR – Treyvon Hester/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
14. Indianapolis Colts – EJ Speed/ LB/ Elbow/ Questionable – Bobby Okereke/ LB/ Thumb/ Questionable – TJ Carrie/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Darius Leonard/ LB/ Groin/ Questionable – Sheldon Day/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Rock Ya-Sin/ DB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Matthew Adams/ LB/ Ankle/ IR – Malik Hooker/ DB/ Achilles/ IR – Kemoko Turay/ DL/ Ankle/ PUP
15. Jacksonville Jaguars – Myles Jack/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – CJ Henderson/ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Daniel Ekuale/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – Quincy Williams/ LB/ Abdomen/ IR – DJ Hayden/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Leon Jacobs/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Jarrod Wilson/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Dontavius Russell/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR
16. Kansas City Chiefs – Chris Jones/ DL/ Groin/ Questionable – Michael Danna/ DL/ Hamstring/ Questionable – L’Jarius Sneed/ DB/ Collarbone/ IR – Khalen Saunders/ DL/ Elbow/ IR – Alex Brown/ DB/ Knee/ IR
17. Las Vegas Raiders – Maurice Hurst/ DL/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Maliek Collins/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Lamarcus Joyner/ DB/ Ribs/ Questionable – Tanner Muse/ LB/ Toe/ IR – Damon Arnette/ DB/ Thumb/ IR – Daniel Ross/ DL/ Foot/ IR
18. Los Angeles Chargers – Chris Harris/ DB/ Foot/ IR – Melvin Ingram/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Asmar Bilal/ LB/ Calf/ IR – Justin Jones/ DL/ Shoulder/ IR – Drue Tranquill/ LB/ Ankle/ IR – Derwin James/ DB/ Knee/ IR
20. Miami Dolphins – Kavon Frazier/ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Byron Jones/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Shaq Lawson/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Nate Brooks/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Vince Biegel/ LB/ Achilles/ IR
21. Minnesota Vikings – Mike Hughes/ DB/ Neck/ Questionable – Kris Boyd/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Myles Dorn/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Danielle Hunter/ DL/ Neck/ IR – Troy Dye/ LB/ Foot/ IR – Anthony Barr/ LB/ Pectoral/ IR – Kenny Willekes/ DL/ Leg/ IR – Ben Gedeon/ LB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Quentin Poling/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
23. New Orleans Saints – Marcus Davenport/ DL/ Elbow/ Questionable – Marshon Lattimore/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Janoris Jenkins/ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Chase Hansen/ LB/ Hip/ IR – Anthony Lanier/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Kiko Alonso/ LB/ Knee/ PUP – Jalen Dalton/ DL/ Triceps/ IR – Johnson Bademosi/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR
24. New York Giants – Jabrill Peppers/ DB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Adrian Colbert/ DB/ Neck/ Questionable – David Mayo/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Oshane Ximines/ LB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Brandon Williams/ DB/ Groin/ IR – Xavier McKinney/ DB/ Foot/ IR – Montre Hartage/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable
25. New York Jets – Jordan Willis/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – Ashtyn Davis/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Patrick Onwuasor/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Steve McLendon/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Jabari Zuniga/ DL/ Quadriceps/ IR – Blessaun Austin/ DB/ Calf/ Questionable – Arthur Maulet/ DB/ Groin/ IR – Blake Cashman/ LB/ Groin/ IR – Kyron Brown/ DB/ Quadriceps/ PUP
26. Philadelphia Eagles – Avonte Maddox/ DB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Rudy Ford/ DB/ Hamstring/ Doubtful – TJ Edwards/ LB/ Hamstring/ Doubtful – Will Parks/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Trevor Williams/ DB/ Ribs/ IR – Vinny Curry/ DL/ Hamstring/ IR – Craig James/ DB/ Thigh/ IR – Daeshon Hill/ DL/ Knee/ PUP
27. Pittsburgh Steelers – Marcus Allen/ DB/ Foot/ Questionable
28. San Francisco 49ers – Ezekiel Ansah/ DL/ Biceps/ Out – K’Waun Williams/ DB/ Knee/ Doubtful – Emmanuel Moseley/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Ahkello Witherspoon/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Dre Greenlaw/ LB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Dontae Johnson/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Dee Ford/ DL/ Neck/ IR – Mark Nzeocha/ LB/ Quadriceps/ IR – Nick Bosa/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Solomon Thomas/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Richard Sherman/ DB/ Calf/ IR – Ronald Blair/ DL/ Knee/ PUP – Julian Taylor/ DL/ Knee/ PUP
29. Seattle Seahawks – Lano Hill/ DB/ Back/ Questionable – Jamal Adams/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Jordyn Brooks/ LB/ Knee/ Out – Quinton Dunbar/ DB/ Knee/ Questionable – Neiko Thorpe/ DB/ Hip/ Questionable – Rasheem Green/ DL/ Neck/ IR – Bruce Irvin/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Marquise Blair/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Branden Jackson/ DL/ Spine/ IR
31. Tennessee Titans – Jeffery Simmons/ DL/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Kristian Fulton/ DB/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Dane Cruikshank/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Kamalei Correa/ LB/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Chris Jackson/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Adoree’ Jackson/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Derick Roberson/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – DaQuan Jones/ DL/ Illness/ COVID Reserve
32. Washington Football Team – Greg Stroman/ DB/ Foot/ Questionable – Chase Young/ DL/ Groin/ Questionable – Cole Holcomb/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Reuben Foster/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Matthew Ioannidis/ DL/ Biceps/ IR
Check out my past articles! Keep your eyes peeled on the defensive player injuries and their respetive teams’ injury report. I can continue my weekly injury reports! Please follow me on twitter, @ZmagsIDP is the tag! Always enjoy chatting about all types of fantasy football with the twitterverse! I hope everyone is ready for an exciting season of IDP fantasy football! Please subscribe to idpguys.org and dynastyfootballdigest.com for all your fantasy needs! Live Long and Prosper!