Week 5 showed us just how devastating some injuries can be to NFL players around the league. A lot rides on them playing a full season, along with them staying healthy. There is a lot of work that goes into these professional athletes attempting to keep their bodies in pristine shape. It’s always easier said than done though. Injuries happen and it’s key to monitor the injury report. Without further ado, let’s move onto the week six individual defensive player injury report!
Arizona Cardinals/ LB, DL/ Chandler Jones – IR
First on the injury report – Chandler Jones. This is one of those injuries that may have a larger impact on the actual Cardinals’ defense – as opposed to your fantasy IDP squad. Jones will miss the rest of the season. Don’t get me wrong, when Jones has a big week, it’s great for fantasy. But, Jones hasn’t exactly been lighting the stat sheets so far in 2020. What he does, in spite of his play, is to make things easier for those around him. I believe this could possibly make things harder for the rest of Arizona’s defensive line, and their linebackers. Jordan Hicks and De’Vondre Campbell may have a harder time making plays in the backfield now. Kylie Fitts is behind Jones on the Cardinals depth chart, so look for him to get an increase in reps. I doubt he will hold much IDP value.
Chandler Jones is out for the remainder of the season, move him to an IR spot or drop him. Now you can move on from him for the year.
Houston Texans/ LB/ Benardrick McKinney – IR
McKinney may not be an LB1 for many fantasy teams if any at all to be honest. Nonetheless, he is someone we rely on to round off our linebacker groups when drafting. He’s been consistent every week. He landed on the injury report for Week 5 with a shoulder injury. The injury caused him to miss the game. Now he’s probably gone for the rest of the 2020 season. Benardrick was placed on the IR and will undergo shoulder surgery. This could end up being a huge loss for Houston and some fantasy IDP managers. If you’re looking for someone to replace McKinney, Tyrell Adams filled in for McKinney and played a good game. He had 13 tackles, 1 tackle for loss, and a fumble recovery during Sunday’s win over Jacksonville.
Get McKinney out of your lineups and into an IR spot if you own him in dynasty. In redraft, you can drop him. Look for Tyrell Adams on the waiver wire.
Los Angeles Rams/ DB/ Jordan Fuller – IR
Jordan Fuller practically came out of nowhere and broke some hearts when he did it. So many of us expected Taylor Rapp to return right to his starter role when 2020 began. But, Fuller had impressed the Rams coaching staff – resulting in more defensive snaps than Rapp, in spite of this, we might have held on to Rapp. Fuller landed on the injury report after Week 5. The Rams, consequently, placed him in on IR due to a neck injury. He’s now expected to miss at least three weeks while he recovers. It’s officially time to fire Taylor Rapp back up! It’s probably okay to throw Rapp into a starting spot if you really need to this week. Otherwise, I’d grab him off waivers if he’s there. Maybe even some of us had held onto him?
According to the Rams’ injury report, expect Fuller to be out for at least three weeks. Fire up Taylor Rapp in the meantime.
A look at each team and the Week 4 defensive player injury report
1. Arizona Cardinals – Devon Kennard/ LB/ Calf/ Questionable – Chris Banjo/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Chandler Jones/ DL,LB/ Biceps/ IR – Jalen Thompson/ DB/ Ankle/ IR – Rashard Lawrence/ DL/ Calf/ Questionable – Robert Alford/ DB/ Pectoral/ IR
2. Atlanta Falcons – Marlon Davidson/ DL/ Illness/ COVID RESERVE – Jaylinn Hawkins/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Takkarist McKinley/ DL/ Groin/ Questionable – Damontae Kazee/ DB/ Achilles/ IR – Darqueze Dennard/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Grady Jarrett/ DL/ Back/ Questionable – Dante Fowler/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – Foye Oluokun/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Keanu Neal/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable –
4. Buffalo Bills – Tre’Davious White/ DB/ Back/ Questionable – Matt Milano/ LB/ Pectoral/ Questionable – Del’Shawn Phillips/ LB/ Quadriceps/ IR – Levi Wallace/ DB/ Ankle/ IR – Niles Scott/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
5. Carolina Panthers – Kawann Short/ DL/ Shoulder/ Out – Zach Kerr/ DL/ Toe/ Questionable – Eli Apple/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Yetur Gross-Matos/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – Donte Jackson/ DB/ Toe/ Questionable – Brian Burns/ DL, LB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Jason Ferris/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
6. Chicago Bears – Brent Urban/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Deon Bush/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Sherrick McManis/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – John Jenkins/ DL/ Thumb/ IR – Michael Joseph/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Artie Burns/ DB/ Knee/ IR
7. Cincinnati Bengals – Darius Phillips/ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Mackensie Alexander/ DB/ Ribs/ Questionable – DJ Reader/ DL/ Quadriceps/ IR – Sam Hubbard/ DL/ Elbow/ Questionable – Mike Daniels/ DL/ Elbow/ IR – Trae Waynes/ DB/ Pectoral/ IR – Renell Wren/ DL/ Quadriceps/ IR
8. Cleveland Browns – Sheldon Richardson/ DL/ Elbow/ Questionable – Larry Ogunjobi/ DL/ Oblique/ Questionable – Tae Davis/ LB/ Elbow/ Questionable – Greedy Williams/ DB/ Shoulder/ IR – Karl Joseph/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Ronnie Harrison/ DB/ Head/ Questionable – Jacob Phillips/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Olivier Vernon/ DL/ Groin/ Questionable – Curtis Weaver/ DL/ Foot/ IR – Trevon Young/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – George Obinna/ DL/ Triceps/ IR – Grant Delpit/ DB/ Achilles/ IR
10. Denver Broncos – Jeremiah Attaochu/ LB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Mike Purcell/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Austin Calitro/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Jurrell Casey/ DL/ Biceps/ IR – DeMarcus Walker/ DL/ Calf/ IR – Mark Barron/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Dre’Mont Jones/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Von MIller/ LB/ Ankle/ IR – AJ Bouye/ DB/ Shoulder/ IR – Justin Strnad/ LB/ Wrist/ IR
11. Detroit Lions – Justin Coleman/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Christian Jones/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Desmond Trufant/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – CJ Moore/ DB/ Calf/ Questionable – Mike Ford/ DB/ Leg/ IR – Austin Bryant/ DL/ Undisclosed/ PUP – Jashon Cornell/ DL/ Achilles/ IR
12. Green Bay Packers – Kamal Martin/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Kenny Clark/ DL/ Groin/ Questionable – Kevin King/ DB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Krys Barnes/ LB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Kabion Ento/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Chandon Sullivan/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Rashan Gary/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Christian Kirksey/ LB/ Pectoral/ IR – Treyvon Hester/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
13. Houston Texans – Jake Martin/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Dylan Cole/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Benardrick McKinney/ LB/ Shoulder/ IR – Peter Kalambayi/ LB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Gareon Conley/ DB/ Ankle/ IR – AJ Moore/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Duke Ejiofor/ LB/ Knee/ IR
14. Indianapolis Colts – Julian Blackmon/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Justin Houston/ DL/ Hip/ Questionable – Denico Autry/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – Darius Leonard/ LB/ Groin/ Questionable – Sheldon Day/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Matthew Adams/ LB/ Ankle/ IR – Malik Hooker/ DB/ Achilles/ IR – Kemoko Turay/ DL/ Ankle/ PUP
15. Jacksonville Jaguars – Dakota Allen/ LB/ Foot/ Questionable – Abry Jones/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – Chris Claybrooks/ DB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Myles Jack/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Daniel Ekuale/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – CJ Henderson/ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Josh Allen/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Andrew Wingard/ DB/ Abdomen/ IR – DJ Hayden/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Leon Jacobs/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Dontavius Russell/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR
17. Las Vegas Raiders – Carl Nassib/ DL/ Toe/ Questionable – Maliek Collins/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Keisean Nixon/ DB/ Hip/ Questionable – Tanner Muse/ LB/ Toe/ IR – Lamarcus Joyner/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Maurice Hurst/ DL/ Illness/ COVID RESERVE – Daniel Ross/ DL/ Foot/ IR – Damon Arnette/ DB/ Thumb/ IR
18. Los Angeles Chargers – Joey Bosa/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – Uchenna Nwosu/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Casey Hayward/ DB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Chris Harris/ DB/ Foot/ IR – Melvin Ingram/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Justin Jones/ DL/ Shoulder/ IR – Asmar Bilal/ LB/ Calf/ IR – Drue Tranquill/ LB/ Ankle/ IR – Derwin James/ DB/ Knee/ IR
20. Miami Dolphins – Kyle Van Noy/ LB/ Groin/ Questionable – Davon Godchaux/ DL/ Biceps/ Out – Shaq Lawson/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Nate Brooks/ DB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Vince Biegel/ LB/ Achilles/ IR
21. Minnesota Vikings – Jaleel Johnson/ DL/ Back/ Questionable – Kris Boyd/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Holton Hill/ DB/ Foot/ Questionable – Myles Dorn/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Danielle Hunter/ DL/ Neck/ IR – Troy Dye/ LB/ Foot/ IR – Anthony Barr/ LB/ Pectoral/ IR – Kenny Willekes/ DL/ Leg/ IR – Ben Gedeon/ LB/ Undisclosed/ PUP – Quentin Poling/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
22. New England Patriots – Adam Butler/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Byron Cowart/ DL/ Illness/ COVID RESERVE – Beau Allen/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Michael Barnett/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Stephon Gilmore/ DB/ Illness/ COVID RESERVE – Cody Davis/ DB/ Ribs/ IR – Josh Uche/ LB/ Foot/ IR – Brandon King/ LB/ Quadriceps/ PUP
23. New Orleans Saints – Janoris Jenkins/ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Justin Hardee/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Chase Hansen/ LB/ Hip/ IR – Anthony Lanier/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Kiko Alonso/ LB/ Knee/ PUP – Jalen Dalton/ DL/ Triceps/ IR – Johnson Bademosi/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR
24. New York Giants – Dexter Lawrence/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Kyler Fackrell/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Jabrill Peppers/ DB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Lorenzo Carter/ LB/ Achilles/ Out – David Mayo/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Oshane Ximines/ LB/ Shoulder/ IR – Brandon Williams/ DB/ Groin/ IR – Xavier McKinney/ DB/ Foot/ IR – Montre Hartage/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable
25. New York Jets – John Franklin-Myers/ DL/ Foot/ Questionable – Quinnen Williams/ DL/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Blessaun Austin/ DB/ Calf/ Questionable – Jabari Zuniga/ DL/ Quadriceps/ IR – Blake Cashman/ LB/ Groin/ IR – Patrick Onwuasor/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Arthur Maulet/ DB/ Groin/ IR – Kyron Brown/ DB/ Quadriceps/ PUP
26. Philadelphia Eagles – Avonte Maddox/ DB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Darius Slay/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Will Parks/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Vinny Curry/ DL/ Hamstring/ IR – TJ Edwards/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Rudy Ford/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Trevor Williams/ DB/ Ribs/ IR – Daeshon Hall/ DL/ Knee/ PUP
27. Pittsburgh Steelers – TJ Watt/ LB/ Shoulder/ Questionable
28. San Francisco 49ers – Ken Webster/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Richard Sherman/ DB/ Calf/ IR – Dontae Johnson/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Kwon Alexander/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Emmanuel Moseley/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – DJ Jones/ DL/ Eye/ Questionable – K’Waun Williams/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Ezekiel Ansah/ DL/ Biceps/ IR – Dee Ford/ DL/ Neck/ IR – Mark Nzeocha/ LB/ Quadriceps/ IR – Solomon Thomas/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Nick Bosa/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Ronald Blair/ DL/ Knee/ PUP – Julian Taylor/ DL/ Knee/ PUP
29. Seattle Seahawks – Jamal Adams/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Lano Hill/ DB/ Back/ Questionable – Jordyn Brooks/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Anthony Rush/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Neiko Thorpe/ DB/ Sports Hernia/ IR – Rasheem Green/ DL/ Neck/ IR – Marquise Blair/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Bruce Irvin/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Branden Jackson/ DL/ Spine/ IR