Now that the NFL season is underway, it kind of feels like it’s starting to fly by. Week 7 is about to begin and we have another handful of injuries to discuss and present to you. A certain Pittsburgh Steelers player was injured, and that probably put a damper on some fantasy IDP manager’s seasons. Let’s not waste any more time though, here’s your week 7 individual defensive player injury report!
Pittsburgh Steelers/ LB/ Devin Bush – Injured Reserve
Well here we go again, another IDP stud lost for the year to injury. Bush may not have been as productive for our fantasy squads as we had hoped, but his loss is tremendous. He suffered a torn ACL in the team’s win over Cleveland this past Sunday. Bush had racked up 26 tackles, 1 sack, and 3 PD over the course of this season. Devin had looked great in coverage so far this season, so it remains to be seen on how this will affect the defense for the Steelers. Bush will have season-ending surgery on Wednesday to repair the damage. UDFA Robert Spillane is expected to fill in for Bush moving forward in 2020. If the Spillane experiment fails, Marcus Allen is the next man up!
If he’s still available, put in a waiver request for Robert Spillane. With Bush gone for the rest of the season, Spillane should see some decent chances at IDP production.
Dallas Cowboys/ DL, LB/ Aldon Smith – Questionable
Aldon Smith was a waiver-wire sweetheart earlier this season. He could even end up being a league winner for some fantasy IDP managers. Smith landed on the player injury report – dealing with a neck injury, or issue. On Sunday, he only played 66% of the defensive snaps. Which, is his lowest percentage of snaps so far this season. It’s a possibility this injury was hampering him during the game. As of Wednesday this week, Smith has not practiced. He started the season off great, but the past few games haven’t exactly been newsworthy. Aldon needs to log some practice time if he hopes to suit up this week against Washington. If Smith misses any time, Dorance Armstrong is the next man up for the Cowboys. He may be worth a roster spot, just in case.
With this being labeled as a neck injury on the player injury report, I expect the Cowboys to be cautious and probably hold Smith out for this week. I’ve been wrong before though. But, it’s best to be prepared for anything this season.
Pittsburgh Steelers/ DB, CB/ Mike Hilton – Questionable
So far this season, the Steelers defense has managed to stay healthy, consequently, until this week. The injury bug decided to make a stop in Pittsburgh. Cornerback Mike Hilton is on the player injury report now. An early-season waiver-wire target, Hilton has been lighting up the fantasy IDP scoreboards for managers this season. Well, up until week 6 anyways. Pittsburgh has him listed with a shoulder injury. Hilton did not practice on Wednesday with the team. He still has a couple of days to get some limited time. If we see that, his probability of playing is bumped up a bit. If he does not play, fellow cornerbacks Justin Layne and Jame Pierre should see an uptick in playing time.
Let’s face it, the undefeated Steelers can probably afford to sit Hilton for a week or so until he feels ready to go again. Be ready to have him on your bench.
A look at each team and the Week 4 defensive player injury report
2. Atlanta Falcons – Kendall Sheffield/ DB/ Foot/ Questionable – Dante Fowler/ DL, LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Takkarist McKinley/ DL/ Groin/ Questionable – Jaylinn Hawkins/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – John Cominsky/ DL/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Marlon Davidson/ DL/ Illness/ Questionable – Damontae Kazee/ DB/ Achilles/ IR – Darqueze Dennard/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR
3. Baltimore Ravens – BYE WEEK
4. Buffalo Bills – Tyrel Dodson/ LB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Matt Milano/ LB/ Pectoral/ Questionable – Cam Lewis/ DB/ Wrist/ Questionable – Del’Shawn Phillips/ LB/ Quadriceps/ IR – Levi Wallace/ DB/ Ankle/ IR – Niles Scott/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
5. Carolina Panthers – Zach Kerr/ DL/ Toe/ Questionable – Donte Jackson/ DB/ Toe/ Questionable – Juston Burris/ DB/ Ribs/ IR – Yetur Gross-Matos/ DL/ Ankle/ IR – Kawann Short/ DL/ Shoulder/ IR – Jason Ferris/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
7. Cincinnati Bengals – William Jackson/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Markus Bailey/ LB/ Neck/ Questionable – Darius Phillips/ DB/ Illness/ Questionable – Shawn Williams/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Mike Daniels/ DL/ Elbow/ IR – Sam Hubbard/ DL/ Elbow/ IR – DJ Reader/ DL/ Quadriceps/ IR – Trae Waynes/ DB/ Pectoral/ IR – Renell Wren/ DB/ Quadriceps/ IR
8. Cleveland Browns – Andrew Sendejo/ DB/ Shin/ Questionable – Karl Joseph/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Jacob Phillips/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Greedy Williams/ DB/ Shoulder/ IR – Curtis Weaver/ DL/ Foot/ IR – George Obinna/ DL/ Triceps/ IR – Trevon Young/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Grant Delpit/ DB/ Achilles/ IR
9. Dallas Cowboys – Aldon Smith/ DL, LB/ Neck/ Questionable – Trysten Hill/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Chidobe Awuzie/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Sean Lee/ LB/ Sports Hernia/ IR – Azur Kamara/ LB/ Undisclosed/ IR
10. Denver Broncos – Mike Purcell/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Bradley Chubb/ DL, LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Jeremiah Attaochu/ LB/ Quadriceps/ Doubtful – DeMarcus Walker/ DL/ Calf/ IR – Mark Barron/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – AJ Bouye/ DB/ Shoulder/ IR – Jurell Casey/ DL/ Biceps/ IR – Austin Calitro/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Dre’Mont Jones/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Von Miller/ LB/ Ankle/ IR – Justin Strnad/ LB/ Wrist/ IR
11. Detroit Lions – Julian Okwara/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Trey Flowers/ DL/ Wrist/ Questionable – Desmond Trufant/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Mike Ford/ DB/ Leg/ IR – Justin Coleman/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Jashon Cornell/ DL/ Achilles/ IR
12. Green Bay Packers – Rashan Gary/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Preston Smith/ DL, LB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Za’Darius Smith/ DL, LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Krys Barnes/ LB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Parry Nickerson/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Kevin King/ DB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Tyler Lancaster/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Darnell Savage/ DB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Kamal Martin/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Kabion Ento/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Christian Kirksey/ LB/ Pectoral/ IR – Treyvon Hester/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
13. Houston Texans – John Reid/ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Keion Crossen/ DB/ Foot/ Questionable – Dylan Cole/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Gareon Conley/ DB/ Ankle/ IR – Peter Kalambayi/ LB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Cornell Armstrong/ DB/ Knee/ Questionable – Benardrick McKinney/ LB/ Shoulder/ IR – AJ Moore/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Duke Ejiofor/ LB/ Knee/ IR
14. Indianapolis Colts – BYE WEEK
15. Jacksonville Jaguars – Dakota Allen/ LB/ Foot/ Questionable – Abry Jones/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – Josh Allen/ DL, LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Jarrod Wilson/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Myles Jack/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Josh Mauro/ DL/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Andrew Wingard/ DB/ Abdomen/ IR – DJ Hayden/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Leon Jacobs/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Dontavius Russell/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
16. Kansas City Chiefs – Taco Charlton/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Alex Okafor/ DL/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Khalen Saunders/ DL/ Elbow/ IR – Michael Danna/ DL/ Hamstring/ IR – L’Jarius Sneed/ DB/ Collarbone/ IR – Alex Brown/ DB/ Knee/ Questionable
17. Las Vegas Raiders – Johnathan Abram/ DB/ Illness/ Questionable – Damon Arnette/ DB/ Thumb/ COVID Reserve – Carl Nassib/ DL/ Toe/ Questionable – Maliek Collins/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Keisean Nixon/ DB/ Hip/ Questionable – Tanner Muse/ LB/ Toe/ IR – Daniel Ross/ DL/ Foot/ IR
18. Los Angeles Chargers – Drue Tranquill/ LB/ Ankle/ IR – Linval Joseph/ DL/ Elbow/ Questionable – Melvin Ingram/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Justin Jones/ DL/ Shoulder/ IR – Asmar Bilal/ LB/ Calf/ IR – Chris Harris/ DB/ Foot/ IR – Derwin James/ DB/ Knee/ IR
20. Miami Dolphins – BYE WEEK
21. Minnesota Vikings – BYE WEEK
22. New England Patriots – Kyle Dugger/ DB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Josh Uche/ LB/ Foot/ IR – Adam Butler/ DL/ Elbow/ Questionable – Michael Barnett/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Beau Allen/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Cody Davis/ DB/ Ribs/ IR – Brandon King/ LB/ Quadriceps/ PUP
23. New Orleans Saints – JT Gray/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Justin Hardee/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Chase Hansen/ LB/ Hip/ IR – Anthony Lanier/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Kiko Alonso/ LB/ Knee/ PUP – Jalen Dalton/ DL/ Triceps/ IR – Johnson Bademosi/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR
24. New York Giants – Brandon Williams/ DB/ Groin/ IR – Adrian Colbert/ DB/ Shoulder/ Out – Tae Crowder/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Lorenzo Carter/ LB/ Achilles/ IR – Darnay Holmes/ DB/ Neck/ Questionable – Oshane Ximines/ LB/ Shoulder/ IR – Xavier McKinney/ DB/ Foot/ IR – Montre Hartage/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable
27. Pittsburgh Steelers – Devin Bush/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Mike Hilton/ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable
28. San Francisco 49ers – Dee Ford/ DL/ Neck/ IR – Richard Sherman/ DB/ Calf/ IR – Dontae Johnson/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Kwon Alexander/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Jaquiski Tartt/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – K’Waun Williams/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Ezekiel Ansah/ DL/ Biceps/ IR – Mark Nzeocha/ LB/ Quadriceps/ IR – Solomon Thomas/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Nick Bosa/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Ronald Blair/ DL/ Knee/ PUP – Julian Taylor/ DL/ Knee/ PUP
29. Seattle Seahawks – Lano Hill/ DB/ Back/ IR – Benson Mayowa/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Quinton Dunbar/ DB/ Knee/ Questionable – Jamal Adams/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Jordyn Brooks/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Anthony Rush/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Neiko Thorpe/ DB/ Sports Hernia/ IR – Rasheem Green/ DL/ Neck/ IR – Marquise Blair/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Bruce Irvin/ DL, LB/ Knee/ IR – Branden Jackson/ DL/ Spine/ IR
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Andrew Adams/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Antoine Winfield Jr./ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Jason Pierre-Paul/ DL, LB/ Knee/ Questionable – William Gholston/ DL/ Biceps/ Questionable – Lavonte David/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Jack Cichy/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Vita Vea/ DL/ Ankle/ IR – Justin Evans/ DB/ Foot/ PUP
32. Washington Football Team – Kevin Pierre-Louis/ LB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Ronald Darby/ DB/ Illness/ Questionable – Chase Young/ DL/ Groin/ Questionable – James Smith-Williams/ DL/ Concussion/ Questionable – Reuben Foster/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Greg Stroman/ DB/ Foot/ IR – Matthew Ioannidis/ DL/ Biceps/ IR