Injuries are starting to add up for a lot of IDP fantasy managers. Week 8 is here, and the hits just keep on coming! Teams all around the league seem to be littered with injured players. It’s hard to believe that we’re entering the half-way point of the NFL season. Players who were on the PUP or IR may be available for some teams. It’s officially time to dive into the week 8 individual defensive player injury report!
Washington Football Team/ DB/ Landon Collins – Injured Reserve
As I said before, the hits just keep on coming. Landon Collins has been one of the top IDP safeties basically since he came into the NFL. He’s avoided missing extended time for most of his career. This past week, late in the game against the Cowboys, Collins tore his left Achilles’ tendon. It’s definitely another injury that’s going to send fantasy IDP managers scrambling to find a replacement. Even more troubling, considering the injury itself, there’s no guarantee that Collins will be ready to go when the 2021 season rolls around. My fellow IDPGuys writer, Kyle Bellefeuil, told us earlier this week that Kamren Curl is a nice waiver wire target as he will be replacing Collins for the rest of the season.
Landon Collins needs to be moved to an IR spot if you play in a league where it’s available, he’s done for the year. Kamren Curl will be the player replacing Collins in the starting lineup.
Cleveland Browns/ DL/ Myles Garrett – Questionable
Myles Garrett managers will need to watch, but the ankle isn’t considered serious. Cleveland has noted that they’re just being cautious with their superstar. Garrett currently leads the league in sacks. He’s been a must-start all season because of how well he has been producing. Week 1 is the only week so far this season that he hasn’t registered a sack. For anyone who happens to own Garrett, I suggest keeping an eye on Cleveland’s injury reports. You’d like to see Myles getting some practice time in on Thursday or Friday. If Garrett does happen to miss this week, look for Olivier Vernon or Adrian Clayborn as possibly players to replace him with.
It’s likely that Myles Garrett plays this week against Las Vegas. Just keep an eye on whether he gets some practice time in before game day.
Arizona Cardinals/ LB/ Jordan Hicks – Questionable
Fortunately for fantasy IDP managers, Jordan Hicks is on a bye week. But, this is still an injury to keep an eye on. It’s not very clear how serious the injury is yet though. Hicks suffered an ankle injury late in the game against the Seahawks on Sunday night. Hicks has been solid for his managers so far this season. If he misses any extended time, it could bit a big hit to some of our fantasy IDP squads. We may have to wait a bit for some more news on the nature of this injury though. Luckily, we have some extra time to prepare. If Hicks misses any time, Isaiah Simmons and Tanner Vallejo could see some additional snaps.
Don’t panic about this one. The injury doesn’t seem to be serious and the Cardinals have a bye this week. But, it’s important to keep an eye out for further injury news on Jordan Hicks.
A look at each team and the Week 4 defensive player injury report
1. Arizona Cardinals – BYE WEEK
3. Baltimore Ravens – Marlon Humphrey/ DB/ Illness/ Questionable – Jimmy Smith/ DB/ Achilles/ Questionable – Anthony Averett/ DB/ Shoulder/ IR – Anthony Levine/ DB/ Abdomen/ Questionable – Otaro Alaka/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Tavon Young/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Iman Marshall/ DB/ Knee/ IR
4. Buffalo Bills – Quinton Jefferson/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Josh Norman/ DB/ Hamstring/ Doubtful – Vernon Butler/ DL/ Groin/ Questionable – Matt Milano/ LB/ Pectoral/ Questionable – Cam Lewis/ DB/ Wrist/ Questionable – Micah Hyde/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Jerry Hughes/ DL/ Foot/ Questionable – Tyrel Dodson/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Del’Shawn Phillips/ LB/ Quadriceps/ IR – Levi Wallace/ DB/ Ankle/ IR – Niles Scott/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
5. Carolina Panthers – Marquis Haynes/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Efe Obada/ DL/ Back/ Questionable – Zach Kerr/ DL/ Toe/ Questionable – Rasul Douglas/ DB/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Juston Burris/ DB/ Ribs/ IR – Yetur Gross-Matos/ DL/ Ankle/ IR – Kawann Short/ DL/ Shoulder/ IR – Jason Ferris/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
6. Chicago Bears – Eddie Jackson/ DB/ Knee/ Questionable – Khalil Mack/ DL, LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Sherrick McManis/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Michael Joseph/ DB/ Undisclosed/ COVID Reserve – Artie Burns/ DB/ Knee/ IR
7. Cincinnati Bengals – Markus Bailey/ LB/ Neck/ Questionable – Darius Phillips/ DB/ Knee/ Questionable – Brandon Wilson/ DB/ Knee/ Questionable – William Jackson/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Sam Hubbard/ DL/ Elbow/ IR – DJ Reader/ DL/ Quadriceps/ IR – Trae Waynes/ DB/ Pectoral/ IR – Renell Wren/ DL/ Quadriceps/ IR
8. Cleveland Browns – Myles Garrett/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – Larry Ogunjobi/ DL/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Jacob Phillips/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Greedy Williams/ DB/ Shoulder/ IR – Curtis Weaver/ DL/ Foot/ IR – George Obinna/ DL/ Triceps/ IR – Trevon Young/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Grant Delpit/ DB/ Achilles/ IR
9. Dallas Cowboys – Sean Lee/ LB/ Sports Hernia/ IR – Chidobe Awuzie/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Rashard Robinson/ DB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Trysten Hill/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Azur Kamara/ LB/ Undisclosed/ IR
10. Denver Broncos – Derrek Tuszka/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Mike Purcell/ DL/ Foot/ IR – Jeremiah Attaochu/ LB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Austin Calitro/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Mark Barron/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Jurrell Casey/ DL/ Biceps/ IR – Von Miller/ LB/ Ankle/ IR – Justin Strnad/ LB/ Wrist/ IR
11. Detroit Lions – Everson Griffen/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Out – Desmond Trufant/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Justin Coleman/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Austin Bryant/ DL/ Pectoral/ PUP – Julian Okwara/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Jashon Cornell/ DL/ Achilles/ IR
12. Green Bay Packers – Preston Smith/ DL, LB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Rashan Gary/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Kamal Martin/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Za’Darius Smith/ DL, LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Tyler Lancaster/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Darnell Savage/ DB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Kevin King/ DB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Raven Greene/ DB/ Oblique/ Questionable – Krys Barnes/ LB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Kabion Ento/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Christian Kirksey/ LB/ Pectoral/ IR – Parry Nickerson/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Treyvon Hester/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
13. Houston Texans – BYE WEEK
15. Jacksonville Jaguars – BYE WEEK
17. Las Vegas Raiders – Arden Key/ DL/ Foot/ Questionable – Carl Nassib/ DL/ Toe/ Questionable – Maliek Collins/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Dallin Leavitt/ DB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Keisean Nixon/ DB/ Hip/ Questionable – Tanner Muse/ LB/ Toe/ IR – Damon Arnette/ DB/ Thumb/ COVID Reserve
20. Miami Dolphins – Bobby McCain/ DB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Jamal Perry/ DB/ Foot/ Questionable – Kyle Van Noy/ LB/ Groin/ Questionable – Raekwon Davis/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Davon Godchaux/ DL/ Biceps/ IR – Nate Brooks/ DB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Vince Biegel/ LB/ Achilles/ IR
21. Minnesota Vikings – Cameron Dantzler/ DB/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – George Iloka/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Danielle Hunter/ DL/ Neck/ IR – Holton Hill/ DB/ Foot/ Questionable – Kris Boyd/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Mike Hughes/ DB/ Neck/ Questionable – Myles Dorn/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Troy Dye/ LB/ Foot/ IR – Anthony Barr/ LB/ Pectoral/ IR – Kenny Willekes/ DL/ Leg/ IR – Ben Gedeon/ LB/ Undisclosed/ PUP – Quentin Poling/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
22. New England Patriots – Brandon Copeland/ LB/ Pectoral/ IR – Lawrence Guy/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – John Simon/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Kyle Dugger/ DB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Carl Davis/ DL/ Concussion/ Questionable – Josh Uche/ LB/ Foot/ IR – Beau Allen/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Cody Davis/ DB/ Ribs/ IR – Michael Barnett/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Brandon King/ LB/ Quadriceps/ PUP
23. New Orleans Saints – Chase Hansen/ LB/ Hip/ IR – Ken Crawley/ DB/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Anthony Lanier/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Kiko Alonso/ LB/ Knee/ PUP – Jalen Dalton/ DL/ Triceps/ IR – Johnson Bademosi/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR
24. New York Giants – Oshane Ximines/ LB/ Shoulder/ IR – Adrian Colbert/ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Darnay Holmes/ DB/ Neck/ Questionable – Brandon Williams/ DB/ Groin/ IR – Tae Crowder/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Lorenzo Carter/ LB/ Achilles/ IR – Xavier McKinney/ DB/ Foot/ IR
25. New York Jets – Jordan Jenkins/ LB/ Ribs/ Questionable – Kyle Phillips/ DL/ Ankle/ Out – Arthur Maulet/ DB/ Groin/ IR – Jabari Zuniga/ DL/ Quadriceps/ IR – Patrick Onwuasor/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Frankie Luvu/ LB/ Groin/ IR – Kyron Brown/ DB/ Quadriceps/ PUP
26. Philadelphia Eagles – Genard Avery/ DL/ Elbow/ Questionable – Nate Gerry/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Hassan Ridgeway/ DL/ Biceps/ IR – Malik Jackson/ DL/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Craig James/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – TJ Edwards/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Rudy Ford/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR
28. San Francisco 49ers – Kwon Alexander/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Jaquiski Tartt/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Jimmie Ward/ DB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Mark Nzeocha/ LB/ Quadriceps/ IR – Dee Ford/ DL/ Neck/ IR – Richard Sherman/ DB/ Calf/ IR – Ezekiel Ansah/ DL/ Biceps/ IR – K’Waun Williams/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Nick Bosa/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Solomon Thomas/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Julian Taylor/ DL/ Knee/ PUP – Ronald Blair/ DL/ Knee/ PUP
29. Seattle Seahawks – Jamal Adams/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Rasheem Green/ DL/ Neck/ IR – Shaquill Griffin/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Lano Hill/ DB/ Back/ IR – Neiko Thorpe/ DB/ Sports Hernia/ IR – Bruce Irvin/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Marquise Blair/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Branden Jackson/ DL/ Spine/ IR – Carlos Dunlap/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Out
31. Tennessee Titans – Tye Smith/ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Jadeveon Clowney/ DL, LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Dane Cruikshank/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Johnathan Joseph/ DB/ Illness/ Questionable – Adoree’ Jackson/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Kristian Fulton/ DB/ Knee/ Questionable
32. Washington Football Team – BYE WEEK