First, I want to apologize for the late injury report this week! Week 9 is here, and of course, we have more injuries to discuss! We’re officially past the half-way point for this season. Some teams could be getting some guys back from the IR or the PUP this week. So, make sure to keep an eye out for players that are returning to practice. IDP managers, time to get down to it. Here’s your week 9 individual defensive player injury report!
Baltimore Ravens/ LB/ Patrick Queen – COVID Reserve
Here’s one that’s going to upset some IDP managers. Rookie sensation and Baltimore linebacker Patrick Queen has been placed on the COVID reserve list. Queen and a few other teammates were all placed on the reserve after Marlon Humphrey tested positive for COVID-19. Humphrey tested positive for the virus on Monday. Queen and the others were placed on the list because they’re all considered high-risk from their close contact with their infected teammate. So luckily, Queen doesn’t have an injury that’s hampering him. But, it’s still best to be prepared for worst-case scenario with him. He has to test negative through Saturday to be able to suit up for Sunday’s game against the Colts.
So far, so good for Queen. He hasn’t tested positive, YET. Definitely keep an eye on his status though. It does look like he will be playing Sunday as of now though. IDP managers, keep your eye on his test results throughout the rest of the week.
Los Angeles Chargers/ DL/ Joey Bosa – Questionable
We all know Joey Bosa is one of the best defensive linemen in the league. So, having him go down with an injury is always a punch in the gut. He may not exactly be a world-beater every week, but Bosa is extremely consistent. He usually racks up some tackles along with a sack here and there. Which is always nice to have. Joey Bosa is one player you don’t have to worry about taking out of your lineups, unless it’s a bye week. Right now, Bosa is in concussion protocol. The Chargers have an important divisional match-up this week against the Raiders. If Bosa isn’t ready to play, it could bode well for their division rival. Isaac Rochell is the next man up if Bosa doesn’t suit up.
IDP managers know that the NFL is taking concussions much more seriously than they were in the past. I would definitely be wary of Bosa playing this week. I would be trying to find a back up if I was a Bosa manager.
Carolina Panthers/ DB, LB/ Jeremy Chinn – Questionable
Jeremy Chinn is another rookie who has been tearing it up for fantasy IDP managers around the globe. He has been solid basically every game so far this season. Chinn is certainly a weekly starter in my opinion. It’s likely in this case that the team is just letting Chinn take a little rest. If you drafted Chinn this season, it’s likely you’re very satisfied with the results. So, missing him for a game could be a blow to your fantasy IDP squad. Jermaine Carter Jr. is behind Chinn on the depth chart at the SAM linebacker position. As usual, it will be important for any Chinn managers to pay attention to practice reports through the remainder of the week.
I believe we will be seeing Chinn in the lineup this week. However, Chinn IDP managers might want to grab a back up, just in case.
IDP managers here’s a look at each team and the Week 4 defensive player injury report
1. Arizona Cardinals – Devon Kennard/ LB/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Byron Murphy/ DB/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Zeke Turner/ LB/ Toe/ Questionable – Dre Kirkpatrick/ DB/ Thigh/ Questionable – Zach Allen/ DL/ Ankle/ IR – Isaiah Irving/ LB/ Back/ IR – Jordan Hicks/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Jordan Phillips/ DL/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Rashard Lawrence/ DL/ Calf/ IR – Chandler Jones/ LB, DL/ Biceps/ IR – Robert Alford/ DB/ Pectoral/ IR
2. Atlanta Falcons – Jordan Miller/ DB/ Oblique/ Questionable – Dante Fowler/ DL/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Kendall Sheffield/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Takkarist McKinley/ DL/ Groin/ Questionable – Darqueze Dennard/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Damontae Kazee/ DB/ Achilles/ IR
3. Baltimore Ravens – LJ Fort/ LB/ Undisclosed/ COVID Reserve – Patrick Queen/ LB/ Undisclosed/ COVID Reserve – DeShon Elliot/ DB/ Undisclosed/ COVID Reserve – Malik Harrison/ LB/ Undisclosed/ COVID Reserve – Tyus Bowser/ LB/ Undisclosed/ COVID Reserve – Marlon Humphrey/ DB/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Anthony Averett/ DB/ Shoulder/ IR – Otaro Alaka/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Tavon Young/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Iman Marshall/ DB/ Knee/ IR
4. Buffalo Bills – Matt Milano/ LB/ Pectoral/ Questionable – Darryl Johnson/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Quinton Jefferson/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Josh Norman/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Del’Shawn Phillips/ LB/ Quadriceps/ IR – Cam Lewis/ DB/ Wrist/ IR – Tyrel Dodson/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Niles Scott/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
5. Carolina Panthers – Marquis Haynes/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Yetur Gross-Matos/ DL/ Ankle/ IR – Jeremy Chinn/ DB, LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Jason Ferris/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Juston Burris/ DB/ Ribs/ IR – Kawann Short/ DL/ Shoulder/ IR
6. Chicago Bears – Tashaun Gipson/ DB/ Foot/ Questionable – Eddie Jackson/ DB/ Knee/ Questionable – Michael Joseph/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Roy Robertson-Harris/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – John Jenkins/ DL/ Foot/ Questionable – Artie Burns/ DB/ Knee/ IR
7. Cincinnati Bengals – BYE WEEK
8. Cleveland Browns – BYE WEEK
10. Denver Broncos – Shelby Harris/ DL/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Bryce Callahan/ DB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Jeremiah Attaochu/ LB/ Quadriceps/ Questionable – Mark Barron/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – AJ Bouye/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Derrek Tuszka/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Mike Purcell/ DL/ Foot/ IR – Jurrell Casey/ DL/ Biceps/ IR – Von Miller/ LB/ Ankle/ IR – Justin Strnad/ LB/ Wrist/ IR
11. Detroit Lions – Danny Shelton/ DL/ Wrist/ Questionable – Tracy Walker/ DB/ Foot/ Questionable – Jarrad Davis/ LB/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Darryl Roberts/ DB/ Hip/ Questionable – Christian Jones/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – Desmond Trufant/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Trey Flowers/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Austin Bryant/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Julian Okwara/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Jashon Cornell/ DL/ Achilles/ IR
12. Green Bay Packers – THURSDAY NIGHT GAME
13. Houston Texans – Jake Martin/ LB/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Whitney Mercilus/ LB/ Undisclosed/ COVID Reserve – Dylan Cole/ LB/ Undisclosed/ COVID Reserve – AJ Moore/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Kyle Emanuel/ LB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Gareon Conley/ DB/ Ankle/ IR – Benardrick McKinney/ LB/ Shoulder/ IR – Duke Ejiofor/ LB/ Knee/ IR
15. Jacksonville Jaguars – Brandon Watson/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Sidney Jones/ DB/ Ribs/ Questionable – Dakota Allen/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Jarrod Wilson/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Myles Jack/ LB/ Ankle/ Questionable – DJ Hayden/ DB/ Hamstring/ IR – Abry Jones/ DL/ Ankle/ IR – Andrew Wingard/ DB/ Abdomen/ IR – Leon Jacobs/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Dontavius Russell/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR
16. Kansas City Chiefs – Chris Jones/ DL/ Undisclosed/ COVID Reserve – L’Jarius Sneed/ DB/ Collarbone/ IR – Frank Clark/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Alex Okafor/ DL/ Hamstring/ IR – Alex Brown/ DB/ Knee/ IR
17. Las Vegas Raiders – Johnathan Abram/ DB/ Illness/ Questionable – Tanner Muse/ LB/ Toe/ IR – Arden Key/ DL/ Foot/ Questionable – Damon Arnette/ DB/ Thumb/ IR – Maurice Hurst/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – Daniel Ross/ DL/ Foot/ IR – Jeff Heath/ DB/ Hip/ Questionable
18. Los Angeles Chargers – Isaac Rochell/ DL/ Neck/ Questionable – Asmar Bilal/ LB/ Calf/ IR – Joey Bosa/ DL/ Concussion/ Questionable – Chris Harris/ DB/ Foot/ IR – Drue Tranquill/ LB/ Ankle/ IR – Derwin James/ DB/ Knee/ IR
19. Los Angeles Rams – BYE WEEK
21. Minnesota Vikings – Harrison Hand/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Cameron Dantzler/ DB/ Concussion/ Questionable – Holton Hill/ DB/ Foot/ Questionable – Mark Fields/ DB/ Chest/ Questionable – Ben Gedeon/ LB/ Undisclosed/ PUP – Myles Dorn/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Todd Davis/ LB/ Illness/ COVID Reserve – Mike Hughes/ DB/ Neck/ IR – Danielle Hunter/ DL/ Neck/ IR – George Iloka/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Anthony Barr/ LB/ Pectoral/ IR – Kenny Willekes/ DL/ Leg/ IR – Quentin Poling/ LB/ Undisclosed/ Questionable
22. New England Patriots – John Simon/ DL/ Elbow/ Questionable – Shilique Calhoun/ LB/ Knee/ Questionable – JC Jackson/ DB/ Knee/ Questionable – Deatrich Wise/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Beau Allen/ DL/ Leg/ IR – Carl Davis/ DL/ Concussion/ Questionable – Stephon Gilmore/ DB/ Knee/ Questionable – Kyle Dugger/ DB/ Ankle/ Questionable – Ja’Whaun Bentley/ LB/ Groin/ Questionable – Brandon King/ LB/ Quadriceps/ PUP – Michael Barnett/ DL/ Undisclosed/ IR – Lawrence Guy/ DL/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Brandon Copeland/ LB/ Pectoral/ IR
23. New Orleans Saints – Justin Hardee/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Chase Hansen/ LB/ Hip/ IR – Anthony Lanier/ DL/ Undisclosed/ Questionable – Sheldon Rankins/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Jalen Dalton/ DL/ Triceps/ IR – Johnson Bademosi/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR
24. New York Giants – Devante Downs/ LB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Blake Martinez/ LB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Logan Ryan/ DB/ Hip/ Questionable – Adrian Colbert/ DB/ Shoulder/ IR – Ryan Lewis/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Jaquarius Landrews/ DB/ Undisclosed/ IR – Brandon Williams/ DB/ Groin/ IR – Oshane Ximines/ LB/ Shoulder/ IR – Tae Crowder/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR – Lorenzo Carter/ LB/ Achilles/ IR – Xavier McKinney/ DB/ Foot/ IR
25. New York Jets – John Franklin-Myers/ DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Nathan Shepherd/ DL/ Back/ Questionable – Jordan Jenkins/ LB/ Ribs/ Questionable – Quinnen Williams/ DL/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Blake Cashman/ LB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Patrick Onwuasor/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Bradley McDougald/ DB/ Shoulder/ IR – Kyle Phillips/ DL/ Ankle/ IR – Frankie Luvu/ LB/ Groin/ IR – Kyron Brown/ DB/ Quadriceps/ PUP
26. Philadelphia Eagles – BYE WEEK
27. Pittsburgh Steelers – Isaiah Buggs/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – Ulysees Gilbert/ LB/ Back/ IR – Tyson Alualu/ DL/ Knee/ Doubtful – Mike Hilton/ DB/ Shoulder/ Questionable – Chris Wormley/ DL/ Knee/ IR – Devin Bush/ LB/ Knee/ IR
28. San Francisco 49ers – THURSDAY NIGHT GAME
29. Seattle Seahawks – Shaquill Griffin/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – DJ Reed/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Ryan Neal/ DB/ Hip/ Questionable – Benson Mayowa/ DL/ Ankle/ Questionable – Ugo Amadi/ DB/ Hamstring/ Questionable – Rasheem Green/ DL/ Neck/ IR – Neiko Thorpe/ DB/ Sports Hernia/ IR – Jamal Adams/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – Lano Hill/ DB/ Back/ IR – Marquise Blair/ DB/ Knee/ IR – Bruce Irvin/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Branden Jackson/ DL/ Spine/ IR
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Mike Edwards/ DB/ Groin/ Questionable – William Gholston/ DL/ Undisclosed/ COVID Reserve – Jason Pierre-Paul/ LB, DL/ Knee/ Questionable – Justin Evans/ DB/ Foot/ PUP – Vita Vea/ DL/ Ankle/ IR – Jack Cichy/ LB/ Hamstring/ IR
32. Washington Football Team – James Smith-Williams/ DL/ Concussion/ Questionable – Montez Sweat/ LB, DL/ Concussion/ Questionable – Landon Collins/ DB/ Achilles/ IR – Reuben Foster/ LB/ Knee/ IR – Greg Stroman/ DB/ Foot/ IR – Matthew Ioannidis/ DL/ Biceps/ IR